Wednesday, 9 December 2015

Infographic

8. Entry blog 13 November 2015: No lecture, but working on e-portfolio and Inforgraphic

No lectures this week. However, we are left to work on our infographic, and two other tasks involving finding a publication with a similar process to the one we’re currently developing and 3 products that are out on the market that are similar to our product. In addition, we are to create an infographic, depicting our product and the subsequent bioprocess involved in making our product.

The first task of looking for similar processes out there proved to be a simple task since the process of cheese-making and bread-making have been around since the beginning of time. In addition, our methods were really just other methods stitched together into a cesspool of gluten-free bread-making madness.
The second task was to look for 3 similar products and it also proved to be a piece of cake, gluten-free cake, should I say. The increased prevalence of coeliac disease in the world, means there is also a rise in the availability of gluten-free products, which makes the job of hunting down these goods a cinch.

Working on the infogrpahic was as fun as it was stressful. Having no previous experience in creating infographics, I was a little bit anxious of the task ahead. However, having researched the area a little bit, I felt a little bit more confident but I knew that this particular task does not play to my strengths and skills. Luckily, I was not alone and worked in a group who can see the big picture, which was needed when working on an infographic. Doing this task really helped me with my interpersonal skills as I further collaborate with my group-mates, utilising their strengths to play with my weaknesses.


The tasks undertaken this week were really helpful into making it seem like we’re developing an actual product. By looking at all these aspects, especially the marketing side, seeing what’s out there, tells us if our product is actually viable for the current market, and that this product could eventually be a real product that will be sold in the market.

No comments:

Post a Comment