5. Entry blog 16 October 2015: Critical Review of a
publication
No lectures this week, but we are given a task to do for this week and that is to write a Critical Review of a publication. A critical review of a journal article is an evaluation of an article’s strengths, weaknesses and validity. I was really excited to be doing this task. I feel this is one of my strongest points of assessment, where I can really apply and show my innate and acquired skills as being a detail oriented person and a trained food scientist. This review involved a lot of critical thinking, a skill I had developed and strengthened in my work placement during the summer. It involved breaking down the article into its constituent parts, analysing its strengths and weaknesses, giving it context in a flowing, cohesive manner.
For this assessment, I chose to critically review a review
article on the strategies for the aeration of gluten-free bread. This is a turning
point in the project, in that after critically reviewing this article, we
decided that it was more suitable to produce bread rather than a cracker, as it
is a more versatile product, increasing the overall enjoy-ability of the
product and how it would have around the same shelf-life as the cheese, solving
several logistical problems in our process.
No comments:
Post a Comment